|The Crochet Guild of America (CGOA) is the only national organization|
dedicated specifically to crochet – your passion! We serve as a national presence
representing you and your stitching art to the world. Anyone across the globe can
find us on the World Wide Web: www.crochet.org
CGOA offers you all of this:
|1. An annual subscription to Crochet! magazine with our CGOA Chain Link newsletter inserted. |
2. The Crochet.org web site, providing information on all programs and benefits, and with Member-only features visible to Members who login.
3. A free Pattern E-booklet from the CGOA Board, exclusively available as part of your annual Member confirmation.
4. Several wonderful National E-Retailer Discounts:
5. Listings by certain Member businesses, who from time-to-time offer discounts to CGOA Members. Offers have included: Crochet Memories, Knit-A-Way and Lorien Alpacas and Yarn.
- Annie’s 15% discount on AnniesCatalog.com purchases
- Interweave Crochet Special offer $19/year subscription
- Leisure Arts offers a 15% discount on Leisurearts.com purchases
- LionBrand.com 15% discount on Internet or phone orders
- Mary Maxim, Inc. 10% discount by Internet, mail or phone
6. Over 25 free afghan square patterns online.
7. A Members’ message board – to connect with and keep in touch with other crochet members around the world.
8. CGOA-affiliated chapters located all across the country for you to connect with locally – there’s even a cyber chapter if there’s not a local chapter near you.
|9. Chapter development meetings and newsletters, plus access to a teacher contact list for CGOA chapter workshops.|
10. The option to participate in CGOA Member Design Competitions, where items are displayed and awards are presented at the CGOA Conference.
11. National Crochet Month promotions every March, with special contests for CGOA Members.
12. "CGOA Now”, the official CGOA blog, with frequent opportunities for special CGOA Member postings.
13. CGOA Facebook and Twitter pages with crochet interaction.
14. Opportunities to gather with other crocheters at National Conferences/Knit & Crochet Shows.
15. Free entry for Members to CGOA’s National Conferences/ Knit & Crochet Shows.
16. Member discounts on classes and activities at CGOA Conferences/ Knit & Crochet Shows.
|17. The opportunity to participate in the Member Fashion Show at the CGOA banquet during CGOA Conferences/Knit & Crochet Shows.|
18. Professional Development Days offered during CGOA Conferences.
19. An application for CGOA Members to qualify for listing as Crochet Professionals/Associate Professionals (with mentoring for Associate Professionals).
20. A chance to stretch your crochet knowledge with the CGOA Masters Program of Advanced Crochet Stitches and Techniques.
21. Opportunities at CGOA Conferences/Knit & Crochet Shows to meet and share your design work with publishers and manufacturers.
22. An opportunity to apply to be listed by CGOA as a contract crocheter or pattern tester.
23. Downloadable CGOA Business cards.
24. Voting rights at CGOA Annual Member meetings.
25. Opportunities to become active on CGOA committees to help further crochet knowledge.