Check out the
- Masters Programs
|2020 Chapter Challenge|
CGOA Chapter Challenge 2020
This year the Challenge will be working in conjunction with Warm Up America! Foundation to make scarves
Who: All Chapters with at least one CGOA member
When: January 13 - June 30, 2020
SCARVES CAN BE MADE WITH THE YARN(S) OF YOUR CHOICE, PATTERNS OF YOUR CHOICE THE
Size: For 3-12 years old: minimum 4.5 to maximum 6 inches wide by minimum 36 to maximum 48 inches long.
For age 13 and up: minimum 4.5 to 6 inches wide by minimum 54 to maximum 66 inches long.
1. 100% crocheted.
2. No cowls, infinity or mobius scarves, hooded scarves. Flat scarves only!
3. Do not add fringe if the scarf is intended for children.
4. Send an initial email to Nancy, email@example.com that includes your Chapter name and location, name and email of contact person for the Challenge, how many Members you have, and how many are CGOA members. (new email address this year!)
5. At the end of each month, send me an email with updated scarf totals, a picture that includes some of the scarves and some members, and a sign listing Chapter name and total scarves so far. We’ll be posting some notices on CGOA’s website, Ravelry Group, and Facebook pages with progress-to-date cheering on.
6. Send a final email with total counts and a picture of some of your completed scarves no later than 11:59 pm, JUNE 30. Any emails dated after that time will not be accepted.
7. Donate finished scarves as often and whenever you choose to your local homeless shelters, women’s crisis centers, nursing homes, veteran hospitals, cancer centers, or anywhere else in your area that will accept them. You don’t need to keep them all until the end of the Challenge.
Warm Up America! Foundation will be promoting the Chapter Challenge on their website and other social media sites and will take donations of finished scarves for distribution if you choose to send them some.
The address to use is:
Warm Up America! Foundation
ATTN: CGOA 3740 N. Josey Ln., Ste 152
Carrollton, TX 75007
Winners will be announced during the Members Meeting
Chain Link Conference
New Orleans, Louisiana
First Place: Gold Hook Plaque and $75
Second Place: Silver Hook Plaque and $50
Third Place: Bronze Hook Plaque and $25